A business card is your company’s first impression on prospective clients, business partners, and potential leads. So make sure that it conveys professionalism and creativity! However, creating a card that succinctly represents your business in an authentic, attractive, and informative way is no easy feat. In this article, we’ll take a look at what makes a good business card and how to stand out among the competition.
How to make a good business card:
- When it comes to your business card, keep in mind that a good first impression matters most. It is what your recipients will remember about your business, and it’s what will prompt them to reach out for your services. The design should communicate your unique values and the personality of your company’s culture as it sets you apart from competitors.
- Choose a size and shape that is most appropriate for your message and needs. Choosing a non-rectangular shape, incorporating a glossy texture, or adding other unique features can communicate your individuality and non-conformist personality. Keep in mind, however, that this will influence the card’s text size and amount of content. And if you’d like to communicate that your business is professional and more conventional, keep your card rectangular and horizontally oriented.
- Make it consistent with your brand’s colors, website design, and other promo products. This will make it easy for prospective customers and clients to find and recognize you, no matter the means by which they search. And always be sure to include your logo on all of your promotional products to increase your brand awareness.
- Get creative! If it fits for your company, include details like embossing, raised print, and metallic finishes. These will help your card stand out among the rest, making your brand particularly memorable.
- Make your card useful. If your card can come in handy somehow (besides just sitting in your recipients’ pocket until they wash their jeans), people are more likely to look at it and recall your company name. You might use the reverse side as an appointment reminder, for loyalty stamps, or even a calendar. Get creative with this aspect, but make sure that any additions are relevant to your industry and the presumed needs of your clients.
- Ensure that your contact details are clear and easy to follow. While the aesthetic of your business card is important, the information it provides is even more critical to its overall success. So make sure that your contact details are easy to read and understand. When in doubt, you can follow this classic arrangement:
- Company Name
- First name and surname
- Job Title
- Contact Info (email, phone, social media handles, etc.)
As you prepare to design and make use of your beautiful business cards, keep these tips in mind. They will help you create aesthetically pleasing, effective, and even useful cards! And if you don’t have a knack for design, be sure to reach out to a designer for help. They’ll make sure to get you on track and to portray your company’s image perfectly.
For all of your printing needs, from your promotional products to your business cards, we at Documedia are here for you. Let us help you promote your business as you get back to doing what you do best. If you can imagine it, we can print it! Reach out today!