If you happen to be a small business owner who tends to trust the “signs” around you, there is no doubt that you have thought about how small business printing could affect your business. The signs you display on or around your business can attract your target audience in a few words, colors, and symbols! But being a small business is no easy task–with or without marketing. The latter, however, makes the process easier.
With recent adjustments to businesses per COVID-19 government regulations, there are practical ways your business can amp up marketing even during this stay-at-home summer season! As we safely navigate through COVID-19 adjustments, we can consider how your business can stay successful and in the loop by taking advantage of small business printing.
Documedia Group will be discussing 1) why your business should make practical and effective use of small business printing with customized signage outside of your place of business 2) popular marketing materials or promotional items that you should be taking advantage of each summer and especially during this pandemic and 3) some unique products that your business could utilize to stand out from the competition…all thanks to small business printing!
Why Your Business Should Use Small Business Printing Services
We have already written an article in the past on this very topic titled, “5 Reasons Why Your Business Needs Signs.” In this article, we highlighted the influx of pop-ups, emails, and social media ads that we have seen when it comes to online advertising–all useful and often effective in approach when it comes to this increasingly digitized world. Yet, our thoughts still remain the same that there is still a place for some old-school marketing techniques. Signage, for example, is an old-school marketing technique that we feel is a necessity for your business.
If you are a small business owner, signage is a small business printing service that you should not go without especially during the summer. What makes the summer different than the other seasons? People walking around town looking for something to eat, purchase, or do, always, because the sun is out and the nights are warmer. It’s that simple!
Now, think about the last store you had never visited before but were interested in visiting because you saw a sign in the window front or on the roof displaying a discount or special. You might have just browsed the store, with the information on the signs piquing your interest yet, nonetheless, the signage made some sort of impact to you as a consumer. With that in mind, consider the following points:
- Brand Recognition – Your business receives brand recognition and reinforcement when it uses a sign with your logo. And if you utilize customized signs, your brand could become more recognizable and consumers will be more likely to work with you because people look to partner with an organization with which they are familiar. This establishes trust and assurance that a consumer is choosing the right company. So, make sure that people know who you are and keep you in mind for the next time they require your services by utilizing small business printing services to show off your logo!
- Promoting Promotions – Don’t let promotions or great-value products go unnoticed! Small business printing services provide you with options to show people what promotions you offer by using customized hanging banners, posters, and more. Most consumers are in search of the best deal but, most of the time, they search out a great deal based on what they see or read front the outside of a place of business first. Signs are an eye-catching tactic to let customers know that something special is taking place.
- Unmatched Exposure – Signs are the world’s most underpaid salesmen! When placed in public view, signs provide 24-hour brand exposure, 365 days a year. So, no matter the day or the hour, people are provided with information about your business.
- Cost-Effective – When marketing for your company, you want to reach people on all fronts but you also want to save money. Signs are practical when you want to successfully reach different audiences while giving your wallet a break! Signage is an effective yet inexpensive small business printing service to promote your business.
- Location Information – Let people know where you are! Even if your online presence is gaining a lot of traction, your physical location is still valued among consumers. Whether you are practicing social-distancing or have other government-regulations instituted, if people are interested in your physical location, following safety protocols shouldn’t be an issue. To ensure passersby know where to find you (especially if you are located in a tricky area), utilize exterior signage near roads and sidewalks with your business’s information
Popular, Underrated, & Unique Promotional Items to Use During Summer
While the Documedia team is a fan of all marketing materials and promotional items, there are two specific items in small business printing that we find particularly important for small businesses in the summer months: Decals, clothing items.
Popular → Decals: As a society, we have a strong love of decals. Why do we say this? Simply drive down the road and you will see many cars boasting a particular university, sports team, or call to action via decals. And this is not only specific to cars. Ranging from sports equipment to water bottles to laptops, it seems that if it will stick then someone will place a decal on it. But why are companies using decals? With the rise of branding, advertising has turned the standard decal purpose to announce a product, features, and benefits into emotional connections and part of a person’s identity. As you are growing your branding, consider decals as one option when utilizing small business printing services. Remember that when it comes to business, a decal on its own does very little; when paired with a great branding strategy, however, you can see some real movement with your sales and customer loyalty.
Underrated → Clothing: When we talk about missed marketing opportunities, apparel branding or marketing is a very popular but easily misunderstood venue. Everyone has those few shirts in their closet (the ones that feature a brand or company that maybe you don’t know that much about but hey, it was free and it looked pretty cool). Maybe the shirt was handed out at a convention you attended or maybe it was given away as a prize. But when you actually see the shirt, it’s really nothing special. Just a plain ole’ shirt that you wear when it’s laundry day or you are out working in the yard.
When designing apparel for your business, ask yourself the following: What image are you trying to show here? Do you want something trendy, modern, clean? What colors or design elements are best associated with your company? If you are looking to affirm your brand, you don’t want to choose something that does not match your corporate color scheme. If your signage is in red, do not opt for something unrelated, like green (unless you are Santa Clause…then maybe this is a good idea). How often will the apparel be worn? If this is a staff shirt they may be wearing it daily and choosing a material that is hard to clean may not be a good option.
When it comes to cool marketing materials or promotional items, it is also good to consider new options that are available to you. For example, at Documedia, we offer dye-sublimated clothing that allows us to create an image, print it on transfer paper then transfer the image onto the clothing through pressure and heat. Because the image does not need to be any particular design, we can create designs that cover the entire shirt thus resulting in a unique, new method of showing off your brand!
Unique → Eco-friendly products are a unique option to promote your business. Especially during the summer when people are spending more time outside and are more invested in the natural world, eco-friendly products will score some pointers during the summer! Whether you are treating your employees to a personalized gift or you want to sport your brand wherever you go, sustainable products have been hot for some time now and the Earth-friendly trend does not seem to be going away anytime soon. There have been products such as recycled pens made of recycled water bottles, notebooks, and grocery bags.
Where To Go for Your Small Business Printing Needs
Signage will be an ever-significant portion of your business’s marketing, so it is important you take advantage of small business printing solutions now before the weather cools down and people stay indoors even more. Its value, cost efficiency, and practicality are unmatched. So don’t overlook this oldest trick in the book. And when you require this printed version of your brand to post all over town, do not hesitate to give us at Documedia a call!
Documedia Group has been named a Top 100 Distributor for the last six years by the premiere North American multimedia peer trade association. We have served the communities of Southern California since 1999 and continue to provide the people of California, Nevada, and other states with cost-effective print solutions…including small business printing solutions for your small business! Contact Documedia today for more information on how you can build your business’s marketing this summer!