Celebrate Earth Day With Sustainable Products !
April 22nd marks the 49th annual Earth Day! Recognized around the world in more than 193 countries, this day is devoted to environmental protection and sustainable practices. And we at Documedia hope you’ll join us in celebration!
Where did it all start?
Earth Day began in 1970 in response to excessive pollution and commonly wasteful habits. One particular event sparked outrage and a demand for serious change. In 1969, an oil rig off the coast of Santa Barbara blew out, spilling over 3 million gallons of oil into the ocean. The tragedy inspired advocacy for Earth’s protection. So, Earth day made its debut. And since then, people from around the globe have joined in on the effort. Today, you’ll find impressive festivals and fairs complete with farmers markets and environmental workshops and conferences. And the tradition continues with each of us!
How can I participate?
There are many ways in which you can have a part in Earth Day this year. And who knows? Maybe by this time next year, these will become everyday habits!
- Walk, ride a bicycle, carpool or use public transportation for your commute to work.
- Spend some time outside! Go on a hike or visit your neighborhood park.
- Plant a garden. Enjoy the outdoors and nurture some new plants.
- Make sure to recycle and reduce your water usage. Be smart with your resources by reducing your use and reusing what you can.
- Buy sustainable products! Not sure where to get these? We at Documedia have just what you need!
Whether you’re treating your employees to a personalized gift or want to sport your brand wherever you go, Documedia has what you’re looking for! And in celebration of Earth Day, we’d like to suggest some Earth-wise features:
- A Recycled Bottle Pen– Believe it or not, this pen is made of recycled water bottles!
- Eco-Friendly Notebook and Pen– Be a friend to the Earth and stay organized all at once!
- Recycled Grocery Bag– Grocery bags make a useful gift for just about anyone! And with every use, you’ll save a plastic bag!
Taking action to protect our Earth can be as simple as buying sustainable products. We invite you to take concern for the environment and to practice similarly Earth-friendly habits every day. And this April 22nd, join us in celebrating Earth Day!