Starbucks famously creates thoughtful branding for the Christmas season. And each year, their Holiday cups become a hot topic for conversation– some years, of good and others, outrage. But no matter their potential for controversy, Starbucks’ new line of holiday branded coffee cups are met with eager anticipation every November when they’re released. So, as we embrace the most wonderful time of the year, let’s take a branding lesson from the world’s favorite coffee corporation.
5 Branding tips to promote your business this Christmas:
- Use festive colors. Incorporating some holiday-themed colors to your brand is an easy way to embrace the season! And though red and green may first come to mind, be sure to consider other shades, variations, and tones for an extra creative take! You might even consider adding a bit of decorative design to your logo and brand. Just make sure that it is well incorporated, appropriate, and always stays true to your look.
- Create a unique or modified tagline. For this step, think of Honda and their Christmassy slogan, “Happy Honda Days.” It is subtle, memorable, and delightfully creative! Plus it’s rather ‘punny,’ which is always a bonus. But remember, that no matter how good of an idea may be, it must be on-par with your regular, everyday brand.
- Launch a holiday ad campaign. If your business has the means, a high quality and thoughtful holiday ad can help build brand awareness that will last throughout the year. In doing so, consider which aspects of your brand might be used strategically during the holidays.
- Give. The holidays lend the perfect opportunity to show one’s gratitude toward their clients, customers, and employees. So, be sure to embrace generosity. And this need not always come in the form of gifts. Many brands offer holiday specials on products, discounts for new and loyal customers, and promotions for Christmas shoppers.
- Update your packaging for a festive twist. One of the best and most meaningful aspects of a gift is how it’s packaged. A gift wrapped in cheerful paper and colored bows signifies deliberate thoughtfulness in how it was prepared. Such an addition can make the gift itself even more appreciated. So, as a company, when you send out gifts to loyal customers or employees, express your gratitude with on-theme packaging.
Make sure to embrace the holiday season and to use it for the benefit of your business. And if you need assistance or ideas, we at Documedia are here to help your brand flourish. As you gear up for this fast-approaching holiday season, do not hesitate to check out our wide array of gift-status items. From promotional products to employee gifts, we’ve got you covered for everything you need this season. Reach out today for branding techniques that will serve your business throughout the year!